plans to boost its sales into the photovoltaic market to over $1
billion in sales in the next five years from approximately $300 million
currently, DuPont has said that it will more than double its production
capacity of thick-film metallization pastes at its Electronic Materials
DuPont Dongguan Ltd. (EMDD) facility in China.
“The PV industry is in the midst of a substantial surge globally, and demand for solar as a renewable energy source will continue to increase,” said Timothy P. McCann, Vice President and General Manager, DuPont Electronic Technologies. “We are expanding Solamet production to support increased demand. Through future development, we will accelerate our ability to deliver innovations that will further drive down PV system costs and improve the lifetime and performance of solar modules. As a leading global materials supplier to the photovoltaic industry, we are using our science to make the use of renewable energy easier for everyone.”
DuPont’s ‘Solamet’ product range of thick-film metallization pastes are used for front- and back-side metallization of solar cells.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual