Microinverter supplier Enphase Energy will expand its global manufacturing capacity by partnering with manufacturer Flex in Timisoara, Romania for its European base.
Enphase expects manufacturing to start at the beginning of the first quarter of 2023, with Flex producing Enphase’s microinverters to cater for growing demand within the European market.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
By manufacturing microinverters in Romania, Enphase will increase its global capacity and be able to faster deliver its product in Europe.
“This is a transformational moment for clean energy in Europe and across the globe,” said Badri Kothandaraman, president and CEO of Enphase Energy.
Revathi Advaithi, CEO of Flex, said: “Our expanded manufacturing agreement with Enphase is a testament to our mutual commitment to provide high-quality and reliable microinverter-based systems to address Europe’s solar industry needs.”
Last month, Enphase acquired lead generation company SolarLeadFactory with the goal to increase its conversion rates.