Intel Vietnam has announced the opening of the biggest solar power plant in Vietnam to date, located at Saigon's High-Tech Park. Intel’s US$1.1 million project is equipped with 1,092 solar panels and 21 adapters. It has an output of 321,000kWh per year.
The construction of the PV plant took five months and it is the Intel Corporation’s only PV plant in Asia, bigger than the company’s plants in Israel or the USA.
Dr. Le Hoai Quoc, the head of management at Saigon High-Tech Park commented that the plant could be contributing to the national ‘Better and Cleaner Environment’ campaign while Intel’s vice president and global director of corporate affairs group Shelly Esque stated that this would be a step into the company’s global expansion of solar power.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual