‘Solar Module Super League’ (SMSL) member, LONGi Solar has signed a framework agreement to buy Vietnam-based solar cell and module OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), Vina Solar for RMB 1.78 billion (US$253 million).
Vina Solar is a subsidiary of Chinese industrial company East Group. The deal to purchase Vina Solar comes straight after China-based PV manufacturer, Jiangsu Akcome Science & Technology Co would have seemed to have pulled out of deal to purchase Vina Solar and its subsidiaries for the same amount as LONGi Solar has agreed.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
After further detailed due diligence, LONGi Solar hopes to complete the purchase before the end of June 2020.
However, in a financial filing the company gave no reasons for the planned purchase of Vina Solar, or its future plans for the company, which has had number of rival PV manufacturers from China as customers.