Motech Industries’ Kunshan, China-based subsidiary Motech (Suzhou) Renewable Energy has, according to a report in Digitimes, announced that it is running at full utilisation and that demand is exceeding supply in the company’s facility. As a result, the company plans to increase prices by between 1 and 2%.
Motech (Suzhou) has a current capacity of 65MWp, which it plans to increase to 130MWp by the end of the year. The company acquires silicon from the spot market and sells all of its solar cells to China-based module makers in China. It recently won three Kunshan government open-bid projects for the supply of a total of 180kWp of solar cells, according to the report.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual