South Korean party to invest in 17MW Iranian solar project

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on reddit
Share on email
The project will be built over a period of 15 months on a 28-hectare area of land. Credit: Flickr: Ninara

South Korean investors are reportedly planning to support a 17MW solar project in Markazi Province in Iran, according to state-run news portal the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).

A South Korea delegation has visited the site at Zarandieh County, in northernmost Markazi, and is expected to invest US$44 million in the project, accounting for 70% of the project, with an Iranian company to provide the remaining 30%.

The project will be built over a period of 15 months on a 28-hectare area of land.

Modest-sized utility-scale PV plants are gathering pace in Iran with several 4-10MW project completions and ground-breakings in recent weeks.

Read Next

November 13, 2020
Q CELLS has revealed plans to develop a 41MW floating PV (FPV) power plant in South Korea that is set to rank among the world’s largest solar projects built at a dam.
October 15, 2020
Driven by increased investor interest and a growing project pipeline, utility-scale floating solar installations are set to take off globally over the next few years, a report from Fitch Solutions says.
September 22, 2020
Chinese solar manufacturers have slammed South Korea’s decision to attach predetermined carbon emissions ratings to modules originating from China under the regulator’s new carbon footprint requirements.
September 16, 2020
Global governments could divert massive amounts of public funds from cancelled, large-scale power generation projects, such as nuclear, towards solar and other renewables to deliver consumers more value for money.
August 26, 2020
JA Solar and BayWa r.e. have both participated in the development of new solar-wind hybrid facilities, with the former supplying modules for the largest project of its kind in South Korea.
February 26, 2020
Exports of solar products from China in January 2020 were around 35% lower than in the prior year period, according to an accumulation of official export data, recently released.

Subscribe to Newsletter

Upcoming Events

Solar Media Events
December 1, 2021
Solar Media Events
February 1, 2022
London, UK
Solar Media Events
February 23, 2022
London, UK
Solar Media Events
March 23, 2022
Austin, Texas, USA
Solar Media Events
March 29, 2022
Lisbon, Portugal