US-headquartered high-efficiency PV module producer SunPower Corp has secured the module supply deal for innogy’s 349MW PV power plant near Balranald, New South Wales, Australia, the largest plant under construction in the country.
SunPower is supplying its P-Series (19% efficiency ‘P 19’) 1,500Vdc solar panels with around 400Wp to the project, equating to over 872,000 modules.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
This could be SunPower's largest third party module supply deal to date for its P Series modules.
Downer had recently been awarded a contract by Belectric to build the Limondale Solar Farm, with innogy’s subsidiary, BELECTRIC as the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor, as well as the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) service provider. Full commercial operation is expected mid-2020.