BP Solar has reported PV module sales in the first quarter of 2009 of 15MW, down from 34MW in the same quarter of 2008. The company noted that it was experiencing continued weak demand in the solar market.
BP’s financial report for the first quarter noted the previously announced plans to phase out module assembly at Frederick, Maryland, in the U.S. and cell and module assembly facilities in Madrid, Spain. The company has also closed a module assembly plant in Australia.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual