Israeli IPP Enlight Renewable Energy announced an agreement to acquire 90% of US solar and storage developer Clēnera for US$433 million.
Done through a US subsidiary, the acquisition sees Enlight add Boise, Idaho-based Clēnera’s 1.6GWdc of utility-scale solar to its portfolio.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Clēnera is also currently developing a pipeline of 12GWdc of solar PV and 5.5GWh of energy storage in 20 US states.
The transaction takes Enlight’s portfolio to over 16GWdc of solar and wind, and 7.5GWh of energy storage in 11 countries.
“Clēnera’s outstanding track record and market leadership will allow the unified companies to continue their rapid and profitable growth path,” said Enlight CEO Gilad Yavetz.
“As part of Enlight’s global renewables platform, Clēnera’s ability to create high-performing solar and storage projects increases substantially,” said Clēnera CEO Jason Ellsworth.