GCL System Integration Technology (GCL-SI) has received TÜV Rheinland certification for its 210mm and 182mm n-type TOPCon modules.
With a maximum power output of 685W for the 210mm mono bifacial modules and 575W for the 182mm modules, the full series of GCL-SI n-type TOPCon modules has reached an efficiency of 22%, according to the company.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Describing the certification as a “significant breakthrough” for the company’s n-type TOPCon technology, GCL-SI CEO Shu Hua said it will “continue to improve n-type modules’ R&D innovation and mass production capabilities in the future.”
“The recognition from TÜV Rheinland, a leading international technical service provider proves our R&D strength and vindicates the development of the next-generation TOPCon technology,” added Hua.
In January 2022, the company announced that it plans to build a 10GW of high-efficiency TOPCon solar cell production base in the Chinese city of Leshan, while last year it started production of the first phase of a 60GW module factory in Hefei.