Major metallization paste producer Heraeus Photovoltaics is collaborating with PV ribbon product provider Ulbrich of Austria, a branch of Ulbrich Solar Technologies, to develop products for solar module assembly and packaging.
Dr. Andre Kobelt, chief commercial and technology officer for Heraeus, said: “The announcement of this cooperation with Ulbrich is an important step which could significantly lower the cost per watt for [the] PV module industry. We view this agreement as an exciting opportunity for Heraeus to embark upon as we look to continue to expand our global footprint in the field of renewable energies.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Last week, Heraeus Photovoltaics said it had signed a major strategic partnership agreement with ‘Silicon Module Super League’ (SMSL) leader JinkoSolar that will focus on what the company said would be the development of a new generation of “Super PV Cells” with higher efficiencies and lower costs.