ICP Solar Technologies, Inc. is to begin shipping its new and patented Sunsei GreenMeter. The initial customer is an education products company that will establish the GreenMeter in 30 high schools throughout North America, which will make scientific training stations available for labs within a curriculum that focuses on renewable energy.The GreenMeter hybrid energy monitor will be the center of the training stations and will interact with solar panels, wind turbines and a battery system that monitors energy output. Students will be able to measure electrical power production from both solar and wind sources and investigate the resulting energy with existing weather conditions.
Sass Peress, Chairman and CEO of ICP Solar, commented, “These first units will allow students to learn about two of today’s leading forms of alternative energy – wind and solar power – along with energy conversion and electricity generation. Assisting young minds appreciate how clean energy fits into the global economic environment is compelling, and we anticipate expanding sales within the education field. Beyond this market, we expect the GreenMeter to post rapid growth worldwide next year as it uniquely provides consumers and commercial enterprises with an easy means to monitor their ever-increasing alternative energy installations.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual