The Argentinian province of Jujuy plans to install a solar PV project that has the potential to generate up to 1GW of power in the Susques department, according to Argentinian state news portal Telam.
A 300MW solar park is already under development in Jujuy at Puna. Shanghai Electric will be supplying panels for the Cauchari projects. In February, the Jujuy government said it had planned to extend the Puna project to 400MW.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Back in March the World Bank also approved a 20-year US$480 million guarantee for Argentina’s flagship renewable energy plan, known as the RenovAr programme.