Solarfun Power Holdings and Q-Cells International, a subsidiary of Q-Cells AG have entered into a supply deal that will see Solarfun supply a minimum of 100MW of PV modules per annum using PV cells supplied by Q-Cells from 2009 through 2011. The modules will be used for projects outside of Europe, Q-Cells said.
“We are very pleased to establish this relationship with Solarfun which will support our growing needs for the rapidly expanding activities in Q-Cells International, in this case primarily outside of Europe,” noted Anton Milner, CEO of Q-Cells. “We aim to combine our high efficiency cells and Solarfun’s competitive, flexible and high quality manufacturing base for solar modules to create high efficiency and cost effective module solutions for these systems. We believe that close cooperation between the two parties will provide each with opportunities to grow and compete effectively in the burgeoning field of renewable solar energy.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Solarfun will dedicate 100MW of new production capacity to the agreement with the modules delivered according to Q-Cells own design and specifications.