Data intelligence specialist firm QOS Energy is working with DHYBRID, a German manufacturer of modular energy management and smart grid controls, to add monitoring capabilities to PV-plus-storage, energy storage and other hybrid plant configurations.
Software vendor QOS’ cloud-based monitoring and analytics platforms will be added to DHYBRID’s SCADA and controls technologies, making sure that hybrid and off-grid power plants are performing as they should be. This includes QOS’ cloud-based renewable energy management system Quantum. The data collected is converted into analytics to enable all industry stakeholders to improve the operational process. It also includes integrated maintenance management.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Projects will be based around DHYBRID’s Universal Power Platform (UPP) modular energy management system (EMS) and smart grid controls. DHYBRID focuses on reducing reliance on diesel generation in off-grid or remote areas and has delivered projects in Africa, the Caribbean, Asia and the Middle East. These utilise various configurations of power sources, including projects that pair PV with diesel, PV with grid and PV and diesel with battery energy storage.