China-based PV manufacturer Zhejiang Hongchen has placed a follow-on order with DEK for a second PV1200 photovoltaic metallization line. Zhejiang Hongchen cited the zero wafer breakage and high throughput of the system as well as short delivery times as key reasons for the purchase of another system.
“We’re extremely pleased but not surprised at the results achieved for Zhejiang Hongchen by our PV1200 metallization solution,” commented Darren Brown, DEK’s Alternative Energies Business Manager at DEK. “We look forward to continuing the strong working relationship we have developed with the team at Zhejiang Hongchen, supporting them as their business develops into the future.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
“After purchasing the first platform, we discovered that the breakage rate was incredibly low,” said Xiang Xiao Long, General Manager of Zhejiang Hongchen. “Plus, while consistently high print quality means that our cell efficiencies are extremely high, a compact footprint enables us to optimise factory floor space.”
DEK’s PV1200 photovoltaic metallization line has a claimed 1200 cells-per-hour throughput, six-sigma process rating, 12.5 micron resolution and advanced handling capabilities.