BHE Renewables, a subsidiary of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Energy, has acquired a portfolio including 66MW of solar garden projects from Geronimo Energy.
The 'Minnesota Community Solar Garden developments' portfolio is spread across 21 locations and 16 Minnesota counties with the solar installationsdue to be constructed by the end of next year. Solar gardens are community shared solar arrays with grid-connected subscribers. Homes and businesses in these communities can earn credits from the solar arrays under a ‘virtual net metering’ mechanism, as if the panels were on their own roofs.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
BHE Renewbales has already purchased a 34MW portfolio of solar gardens from Geronimo, so the latest acquisition brings its combined total of solar garden capacity to 100MW. The solar gardens are expected to create local employment and to generate funds from additional tax revenue and landowner payments. Geronimo will continue to provide development services for BHE Renewables.