Yingli Green Energy is to increase production of polysilicon ingots and wafers, PV cells and PV modules to its capacity target of 600MW in 2009, as previously stated but said that it doesn’t currently have plans to add any further capacity passed this projected level. Yingli Green also said that it would be focusing on maximizing utilization of its existing capacity and cost reduction strategies.
Yingli Green recently added 200MW of annual manufacturing capacity bringing its total annual manufacturing capacity to 400MW in 2008.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The integrated PV manufacturer also noted that its current line of credit and cash flows from operations were sufficient for the its next 200MW expansion phase, negating any need for further funds through 2009.