Indian home minister Rajnath Singh has laid the foundation stone for 25MW of PV projects in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
These include a 17MW plant at Manglutan, near Guptapara Village and 8MW at Chidiyatapu in South Andaman District.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The solar projects were the first to be tendered by NTPC to be combined with energy storage – although storage is tendered separately.
NTPC has signed an MoU for a total of 50MW solar-plus-storage capacity with the Andaman & Nicobar Administration and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in New Delhi.