Credit: Government of Armenia
Solarpack to buy 43MW of Peru solar projects
20 May: Spanish firm Solarpack Corporación Tecnológica, which has developed some of the world's lowest priced solar projects in Latin America, is set to buy two solar projects in southern Peru, in which it already holds minor stakes.
Having held 9.5% stakes in the Tacna Solar and Panamericana Solar projects, which have a combined capacity of 43MW, Solarpack will now buy the remaining 90.5%, worth US$51.5 million. The acquisition is expected to be completed in the next four months.
The plants were developed and built by Solarpack in 2012 in association with Gestamp Asetym Solar, now known as X-ELIO. Both Projects have a long-term power purchase agreement (PPA) in US$ in place with the Peruvian Ministry of Energy, as a result of the first renewable energy resources (RER) tender held in Peru in 2010. The projects have more than 13.5 years of remaining contractual life under their respective PPAs.
In order to partly finance the acquisition of the projects, Solarpack has signed a bridge loan with a financial entity for US$30 million.
Ichigo and Softbank bring Japanese solar plants into operation
17 May / 20 May: Ichigo has brought online a 2.89MW solar plant at a former quarry site in Gifu Prefecture, Japan. Ichigo’s 41st solar power plant, the Ichigo Sakahogi Fukagaya ECO Power Plant, includes 9,200 solar modules.
Meanwhile, Softbank entity SB Energy has also completed the 3.1MW Softbank Tomakomai Akeno Kita Solar Park, located in Tomakomai City, Hokkaido.
Armenian government grants VAT adjournment for imports on 55MW solar plant
17 May: The Armenian government has granted VAT adjournment on equipment to be imported for Fotowatio Renewable Ventures' (FRV's) 55MW Masrik-1 solar plant, located in Masrik, Gegharkunik province, eastern Armenia, according to ARKA news agency.
Economic Development and Investments Minister Tigran Khachatryan said the sum subject to adjournment amounts to AMD 885.9 million (US$1.85 million).
The power plant is to be built by the consortium of the Netherlands’ Fotowatio Renewable Ventures (FRV) B.V and Spain’s FSL Solar S.L., which won an international tender arranged by Armenia's government to choose build the country's first large PV station.
The consortium won the tender after offering to sell power to the local grid at a price of US$0.0419 (€0.0341) per kWh, a lower price than that of hydropower plants in Armenia.
The Energy Storage Latin America agenda provides the industry with an unrivaled opportunity to discuss how the region is set to unlock the full potential of energy storage, accelerate deployment and address the main regulatory and financing challenges. The Energy Storage Summit Latin America is the first event of its kind, designed with a clear goal to accelerate both dialogue and deployment of energy storage solutions. Hear from a world-class line up of industry speakers discussing: The changing market, Active and pending projects, Regulatory environment, Financing options and New storage technologies. This event is the only place where the entire energy storage value chain will be present. Enquire now and be part of an unparalleled platform enabling you to network and do business with: Government, Utilities, Developers, EPCs, Investors and more.