NEXTracker has been named the global PV tracker market share leader for the second year in a row.
According to GTM Research’s new report, Global PV Tracker Landscape Report 2017, NEXTacker secured 30% of the global PV tracker market share by MW shipped in 2016.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Scott Moskowitz, senior analyst at GTM Research, noted that NEXTracker grew its hold on the global tracker market from 24% to 30% last year, with specific market share leads in India, Asia Pacific, Chile, and Australia. The company’s products have been installed in 11 countries.
EXTracker CEO Dan Shugar noted: “This milestone furthers NEXTracker's global leadership position. We've been able to achieve this position by continuously listening to customers and incorporating their objectives of more energy, lower cost and high reliability into the product. By applying data science to our smart and connected PV systems, we can maximize energy yield and optimize operations. Through our parent company, Flex, we have been able to quickly expand in complex markets like India and Brazil.”
In addition to securing the number one global market share, NEXTracker also led the US tracker market, capturing 41% of 7,385MW shipments.
Last month, NEXTracker was also named the top supplier of global PV tracker market share systems and a leading supplier of PV structural equipment by IHS Research.