LONGi Green Energy announced the latest silicon wafer prices on 3 March, with p-type M10 150μm mono wafers (182/247mm) quoted at RMB6.5 (US$0.93) per piece, an increase of 4% from the previous quote, while quotes for p-type M6 150μm mono wafers (166/223mm) were up 3.9% to RMB5.61 (US$0.81) per piece.
According to news released on 23 February by the Silicon Industry Branch of the China Nonferrous Metals Industry Association, wafers are in short supply and some orders have been postponed.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
However, thanks to new capacity coming online from companies such as TCL Zhonghuan Yinchuan, Gaojing Yibin and Shuangliang Baotou, wafer production in February increased by about 4GW.
Last week, PV Tech learned that due to the tight supply of high-purity quartz sand, the price is soaring. Some wafer companies’ operating rate was affected due to the tight supply.