Solar Systems LLC and the government of the Republic of Kalmykia have signed an investment agreement for a 25MW solar project in Kalmykia, which is a federal subject of Russia.
The CEO of Solar Systems, Mikhail Molchanov, and the head of the Republic of Kalmykia signed the agreement at an investment forum in Sochi. Within the framework of the agreement, both parties will partner on renewable energy ventures in the region, which is located in the southwestern part of European Russia. Solar Systems aims to build the PV project by 2019.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The company is currently implementing projects in Samara and Astrakhan Regions. It is also planning to start constructing solar power plants in Volgograd Region, Stavropol Krai and the Republic of Kalmykia and Bashkortostan over the next three years.