Somont has received an order for delivery of its “RAPID” automatic string soldering systems to the value of €14.5 million, the company has announced. The 3S Industries AG subsidiary will deliver the machines to REC’s new solar factory in Tuas, Singapore, where they will be installed at the site and will be instrumental in REC’s aim of reaching capacity of 740MW of wafers, 550MW of solar cells and 590MW of solar modules by 2012.
Somont and REC are furthering their existing professional relationship through this new order, which includes also includes the supply of various services and training. REC is currently using the previous generation of RAPID machine types for the production of solar cell strings and their assembly in 3-shift operation. The automatic string soldering systems are an integral part of the fully automatic lines for REC’s production of solar modules, and will be delivered in phases until the end of November 2009.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual