Adani Green Energy, a subsidiary of Indian conglomerate Adani, has commissioned a 50MWac solar PV project in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation limited (UPPCL) will procure power from the project under a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with a currently approved tariff of INR5.07/kWh (US$0.072).
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
However, Adani has filed an appeal before the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL) challenging a reduction in the PPA tariff from INR 8.44/kWh to INR 5.07/kWh by Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (UPERC).
Bidders in state PV auctions for Uttar Pradesh have tended to bid higher than in other states due to its tendency towards tariff renegotiations, so the higher bids act as a risk cushion.