Soltec supplies 412MW of trackers to Brazilian PV plant

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Email
Soltec will provide 6,394 of its SFOne trackers to the Brazilian solar project in Minas Gerais. Image: PV Tech.

Spanish solar tracker provider Soltec has signed a supply agreement with Brazilian energy company CET Brazil for 412MW of trackers.

Located in the eastern state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, the project will use 6,394 of Soltec’s SFOne trackers with a one inch vertical configuration, which allows to maximise energy efficiency, while reducing visual impact due to its smaller size.

This article requires Premium SubscriptionBasic (FREE) Subscription

Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis

Photovoltaics International is now included.

  • Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
  • In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
  • Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
  • Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
  • Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
  • Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual

Or continue reading this article for free

“Brazil is one of the markets where we have worked the most throughout our history and has a significant role in the energy transition. We are proud to work with CET Brazil, a new client for us, and we hope to continue collaborating on many more successful projects,” said Raúl Morales, CEO of Soltec.

Brazil continues to be an important market for the Spanish company where it supplied nearly 5GW of its trackers to solar projects in the Latin American country, of which 738MW to Canadian Solar and SPIC’s two solar PV projects late last year.

Back in its home country, Soltec has partnered with French oil giant TotalEnergies to build a 94MW solar PV plant in the region of Valencia.

In the collaboration, Soltec’s participation amounts to a 35% stake through a special purpose vehicle, while its French counterpart will hold the remaining 65%. The project will require an investment of more than €50 million (US$54 million).

Both companies continue to work on the development of several solar PV projects in Spain, some of which received environmental permits in January this year, with a combined capacity of 401MW.

Read Next

June 13, 2024
Spanish tracker manufacturer Soltec has launched a new floating tracker designed for inland water bodies such as reservoirs and ponds.
June 11, 2024
Recurrent Energy, the renewables developer arm of solar manufacturer Canadian Solar, has powered a 360MW solar PV plant in Brazil.
June 7, 2024
Solatio has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Piauí state government in Brazil to develop a 4GW solar PV plant.
May 29, 2024
Spanish inverter manufacturer Ingeteam will supply its products to a 250MW solar PV project from fellow Spanish solar project developer Grenergy.
May 28, 2024
BayWa r.e. has commissioned its first agriPV project in Spain, and has signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) with the Velux Group.
May 24, 2024
Solar project developer Recurrent Energy has secured a €674 million (US$730 million) revolving credit facility to expand its European solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) portfolio.

Subscribe to Newsletter

Upcoming Events

Solar Media Events
July 2, 2024
Athens, Greece
Solar Media Events
July 9, 2024
Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore
Solar Media Events
September 24, 2024
Warsaw, Poland
Solar Media Events
September 24, 2024
Singapore, Asia