Multinational construction firm Skanska AB is to test semi-transparent perovskite solar modules from start-up Saule Technologies on commercial office buildings with the first applications planned to be installed in Poland in 2018.
Saule Technologies told PV Tech that Skanska has yet to specify the module form factor for the modules but could be in the 1 metre squared. The start-up uses an ink-jet printing technique for fabricating free-form perovskite solar modules.
The company also noted that it has secured a number of research grants valued at over €20 million and was working on a large-scale, prototype production line.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual